Being a mom can a beautiful thing. But, it’s not always glamorous work. There’s a lot we can admire from a mother’s self-sacrifice, genuine care, and effort. So whether you’re a new mom looking for renewed inspiration, or remembering a mom who made an impact in your life, here are 15 honest reasons be thankful for her this month—from all of us at HONEST Tea:
- For cleaning the living room walls (again) after your finger-painting activity became a live art installation.
- That one time when your sister thought she was an expert hair stylist and cut off one of your pigtails.
- When you thought you could hide your vegetables in your nostrils so Mom wouldn’t find them.
- For that leisurely trip to the emergency room to fix said vegetable incident.
- Those days you cried because she insisted you put on sunscreen.
- That day you cried because you found out what happens when you don’t wear sunscreen.
- When it was 25 degrees outside and you refused to wear a coat…she packed one anyway.
- When you thought she was crazy for not letting you throw rocks at the hornet’s nest in the backyard.
- That one Halloween where you ate your entire bag of candy in one night, and Mom spent the rest of the evening consoling you.
- For publically wearing that birthday present you made her consisting of a yarn necklace with pasta shells…more than once.
- The first family road trip that ended shortly after you decided it was perfect timing to spread the stomach flu.
- When you helped her make cookies and she let you believe you were actually helping, while really you dumped a sack of flour on the kitchen floor.
- That first drive after getting your learner’s permit where you left your personal “mark” (more like a major gash) on her bumper in the grocery store parking lot.
- That one time you stayed up way passed curfew and she waited up at home, just to make sure you were safe—and then grounded you.
- The time you admitted she was actually right, after all these years—maybe once or twice.
Feeling thankful for a mom in your life? Don’t let the opportunity pass—send her an #honestcompliment and make her day! It takes less than a minute, and all you need is a Twitter account and a word of encouragement. After all she’s done for you, it’s one small way to let her know how much you care. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead, send her one now. Don’t forget Mother’s Day is May 11th!